Unrivalled elegance in the style of the Porsche design DNA
Design and equipment
Proportions that are more dynamic combine with custom design elements to lend the new Cayenne Coupé an unrivalled elegance. With the exception of its front end appearance, which the new model shares with the Cayenne, all body parts have been completely redesigned and redeveloped. The significantly steeper roof line falling to the rear makes the Coupé variant of the Cayenne appear even more dynamic and positions it as the sportiest-looking model in the segment. That effect is supported by a fixed roof spoiler, which accentuates the distinctive Coupé silhouette. The front windscreen and A-pillar are shallower than in the Cayenne, courtesy of a front roof edge that has been lowered by around 20 millimetres. Redesigned rear doors and wings broaden the shoulders of this vehicle by 18 millimetres, contributing to its overall muscular impression. The rear number plate is integrated into the bumper, making the vehicle seem closer to the ground.
Porsche Active Aerodynamics with adaptive rear spoiler
With its adaptive roof spoiler, the current Cayenne Turbo was the first SUV to feature active aerodynamics. The new Cayenne Coupé picks up that ball and runs with it. The aerodynamics experts at Porsche have combined a fixed roof edge spoiler with a new adaptive rear spoiler. This rear spoiler extends by 135 mm at speeds of 90 km/h and up, increasing the downforce on the rear axle. This ensures enormous driving stability at high speeds, but also increases lateral dynamic reserves.
Unrivalled visual appearance: panoramic fixed glass roof or carbon roof
The new Cayenne Coupé comes with a 2.16 m2 panoramic fixed glass roof as standard. The 0.92 m2 glazed area gives all passengers an extraordinary sense of space, while the integrated roller blind protects against sun exposure and cold. The front windscreen and panoramic roof merge together seamlessly to create the appearance of one large black panel.
A contoured carbon roof is optionally available for the Coupé. The centre seam gives the roof the characteristic look of a sports car, similar to the Porsche 911 GT3 RS. The carbon roof is part of the three lightweight sports packages.
Cayenne Turbo Coupé with exclusive design features
The Cayenne Turbo Coupé is available as standard with 21-inch wheels in platinum silk gloss with coloured Porsche crest. The pronounced front bumper has also been reserved for the top model: their combination of matte and high-gloss black surfaces, the three air intakes in the front end give the impression of a single, continuous air intake. The black frames of the lateral air intakes additionally emphasise this effect. The undersides of the exterior mirrors, the lower sections of the front and rear bumpers as well as the door side trims and the wheel arch extensions are all painted in the same colour as the vehicle exterior. At night, the Cayenne Turbo Coupé is set apart from the other Cayenne Coupé models with its double-row front light modules. The rear of the Cayenne Turbo Coupé is distinguishable with its twin tailpipes in brushed stainless steel, a rear apron painted in the same colour as the vehicle exterior and a larger spoiler lip on the rear spoiler.
An extensive range of equipment fitted ex works
The extensive standard equipment of the new Porsche Cayenne Coupé includes speed-sensitive Power Steering Plus, 20-inch alloy wheels, Park Assist at the front and rear including reversing camera, Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and the Sport Chrono Package. The Cayenne Coupé and Cayenne S Coupé are fitted with sports seats with eight-way adjustment and integrated head rests. In the Cayenne Turbo Coupé, the driver and front passenger sit on adaptive 18-way adjustable sports seats including memory package.
Lightweight sports packages with contoured carbon roof
Three lightweight sports packages are available to increase the performance of the Cayenne Coupé. They significantly reduce the vehicle weight, thereby allowing even better driving dynamics. The most distinctive element of the lightweight sports packages is the contoured carbon roof. Another visual highlight are the new 22-inch GT Design wheels. Thanks to their aluminium lightweight design with forged milling technology taken from motor sports, each wheel weighs two kilograms less than similar alloy wheels of the same size. In keeping with its sports car design, less insulating material is fitted on Cayenne Coupé models with the lightweight sports package. In combination with the flatter body (difference of two centimetres), the reduction in weight lowers the vehicle’s centre of gravity to below that of the Cayenne, delivering a clear advantage in terms of driving dynamics. Customers have the choice between three lightweight sports packages which save between 18 and 22 kilograms in weight. All packages include a diffuser in carbon as well as Sport Design front trim, front spoiler, wheel arch mouldings, sideskirts and rear apron. The Cayenne Turbo Coupé also features a sports exhaust system.
On the exterior, the three packages differ as follows:
- The lightweight sports package includes air intake grilles and air blades in black (matte).
- The lightweight sports package, carbon (expected to be available from January 2020) adds air blades and exterior mirror upper trims and diffuser trim in carbon. The mirror lower trims and base as well as the air intake grilles have a black high-gloss finish.
- In the lightweight sports package, black (expected to be available from October 2019), the wheels, front apron, air intake grilles, air blades, wheel arch mouldings, sideskirts, door side trims and rear apron are painted in black (matte).
The interior is also bathed in exclusivity: in combination with each of the lightweight sports packages, the seat centres are covered in classic checked fabric. Other common features of all packages are a heated steering wheel in Alcantara®, the roof lining trimmed in Alcantara® and the carbon interior package as standard, in which decorative elements on the instrument panel, on the front and rear doors as well as in the centre console are all trimmed in carbon.
Sport Design packages with add-on parts in black or carbon
Three Sport Design packages are available on request with the following equipment to accentuate the vehicle’s dynamic appearance:
- The Sport Design front end package (expected to be available from October 2019) is available with the front end painted in exterior colour. Customers who order a vehicle with this package also receive the front spoiler, wheel arch mouldings, sideskirts and rear apron of the Cayenne Turbo Coupé.
- The Sport Design package in high-gloss black (expected to be available from October 2019) includes a unique Sport Design front apron painted in the vehicle’s exterior colour including front spoiler as well as Sport Design wheel arch mouldings, sideskirts and rear apron. The air intake grilles, slats and air blades at the front also have a high-gloss black finish. The diffuser at the rear is kept in high-gloss black.
- The Carbon Design package (expected to be available from January 2020), like the Sport Design package, also includes numerous Sport Design add-on parts in high-gloss black and differs from the Sport Design package courtesy of the carbon air blades at the front. Air intake grilles and slats as well as the mirror base and lower trims are all painted in high-gloss black. The mirror upper trims as well as the rear diffuser are made of carbon.
Offroad Package with compass display on the dashboard
The optional Offroad Package with its various robust add-on parts not only protects vital vehicle components during tough offroad driving, but also makes the Cayenne Coupé look tougher. Additional offroad-specific information in the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) – for example steering angle, transverse gradient and longitudinal incline – and the compass display on the dashboard round off this special equipment.